Saturday 18 July 2015

✯✯ SPOTLIGHT KRISSY V ✯✯

 
British Author Krissy V has not one, but two series' published.
Til Death Us Do Part,  a series following Tasha as she lives through each
wedding vow, and Sunshine Tours, following Sunshine on her annual holiday tours, the first book being the story of her 10th anniversary tour to Madrid.
 
Here, we're taking a look at both series', and speaking to Krissy herself. 
 
 
Til Death Us Do Part Series
 
 
Originally released as 3 separate books, parts 1-3 of the series
 
Release Date: 10 April 2015
 When Tasha marries the man of her dreams she wants him to be her forever. He loves her, protects her and makes her laugh...

Until they actually get married.

Follow along as she lives through her wedding vows from For Better or For Worse, then on to In Sickness and In Health and finally see if she makes ti to To Love and To Cherish.

The path of true love never runs smooth and that is the case for Tasha. However, this is a love story and when life throws her a curveball she has to decide whether to catch it.........or run away from it.

A little warning – there will be big, fat, ugly tears. There will be shouting at the book. There will be heart fluttering moments. If that’s what you like in a book, then dive on in and read Tasha’s story about how the perfect love can go horribly wrong.
 

 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25086702-till-death-us-do-part?from_search=true&search_version=service

Amazon: US ~ UK ~ CA ~ AUS
 
 
 
Excerpt
 
I made sure I set my alarm extra early because I didn’t want to be in bed when he wakes up and I need to get ready for my interview. I get out of bed and go into the bathroom to have a shower and put my make up on. When I walk back into the bedroom, Felix is awake, he looks at me and says "I've put your clothes out that I want you to wear to the interview, I don't want you looking sexy for anyone else, only me." I don't know what to say, I'm speechless. On one hand I want to tell him where to go and that he can't dictate what I wear or do and on the other hand I don't want a repeat of last night. Ever!
         I look at him and say "I'll wear what you want me to wear if it makes you happy." I have to look away because he smiles like he has won a prize.
         "Oh baby that makes me so happy." He gets up off the bed where he was sitting and walks over to me. He reaches out to give me a hug and I flinch, he looks angry but he still wraps his arms around me and hugs me tight. "I love you babe” he kisses me. I try not to kiss him back but he just gets more aggressive in his kiss, so eventually I have to kiss him back, even though it makes me feel sick. "See how much easier things are Tasha when you do what I want" he says. He let's me go and then walks off to the bathroom.
         I put on the clothes he left for me:- a dark trouser suit and a high neck blouse! I let a breath out that I didn't even know I was holding, I can feel my shoulders slump and I can feel a tear falling down my cheek. I rub it away and turn to go downstairs. "I'm going downstairs to put the coffee machine on" I say to the bathroom door. I don't know whether he heard me or not because I just walk out of the room.
         I go into the kitchen, put the coffee machine on and start preparing our breakfast, I usually have muesli and Felix has toast. I can hear him coming down the stairs so I put an empty bowl in the dishwasher pretending I have eaten, because right now I don’t think I can eat without vomiting everywhere. Felix sits down and starts eating his toast. "I'm going off to my interview now" I say busying myself with my handbag. "I'll see you at work later."
         I turn to walk towards the front door and he catches my arm. I stand still. He pulls me to him. “Don't I get a goodbye kiss? I Love you Tasha." He kisses me. I let him, then I walk towards the door. "Oh and Tasha I'll take you to lunch today."
         I just say "OK" and walk through the door and into my car.
         

 
 
 
Book Four
 
Release Date:  8 July 2014
 
What would you do if your best friend told you not to get involved with someone? Would you stay away?

What if you are asked to not get involved with someone who you have an instant attraction to? That makes it a bit more difficult!

Now what if you are asked not to get involved with someone who is your soulmate and you feel it the first time you meet? Would you stay away?

Kammie and Luca find themselves in this situation and they try to stay away from each other, but they just can’t help themselves.

Is it the right thing for them to do? Will it make them both happy? Or should they take the advice given to them by their best friends?

Follow Kammie and Luca on their rollercoaster ride of emotions and find out if soulmates are really meant to be together!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22543720-to-have-and-to-hold?from_search=true&search_version=service

Amazon: US ~ UK ~ CA ~ AUS
 
Book Five
 
Release Date: 26 Sept. 2014
 
 Have you ever wanted to leave your old life behind and start again? Do you feel like your friends are taking advantage of you and your situation? Do you ever feel like you don't know if your friends are real friends or not?

Meg feels like no one wants her friendship for who she really is but for what she represents, so she makes the drastic decision to leave her family and friends behind and make a new start on the other side of the world.

Follow her as she meets new friends and makes new relationships based on her new life. What happens when her two lives collide? Will her new friends want to know the old Meg!
 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23121288-for-richer-or-for-poorer

Amazon: US ~ UK ~ CA ~ AUS
 
 

 Sunshine Tours series


Release Date: 7 Nov. 2014
 
 My name is Sunshine and once a year I run Sunshine Tours!

I like to take a break from my life to recharge my batteries, you know that feeling when you
just need to do something that is totally different to the hum drum of every day life. My life can be boring, but whenever I get together with my eclectic group of friends my life takes a different track.

Join me on my tour of Madrid, this year is our 10th Anniversary and we intend to make it as good
as the first trip we ever made which was to Barcelona. I brought back a souvenir that year that
I still treasure.

An anniversary is a time for reflection and I have to do that when my past life catches up with me in the most unusual place. Will I be able to keep my secret? Or is it time for me to grow up and accept some responsibility?

Step aboard the Sunshine tour, take a seat and lose yourself in Sunshine’s world!
 
 
Excerpt
 
We all jump on the bus and there is no hesitation as we climb the stairs to the top floor. We don’t care it’s raining, it is all part of the memories that we have. We all have our umbrellas up and to be honest we can’t really see anything.
All of a sudden Sydney jumps up and starts shouting “Thief, thief”. We all start looking around us to see what we missed, the bus has stopped and Sydney is making her way down the stairs as fast as she can. We are all staring out at the street when we see Sydney running after this woman “Thief, Thief” she is shouting, everyone is looking at her. The woman turns around and speaks to her in Spanish and Sydney starts talking to her gesticulating with her hands. At this stage we are all laughing on the bus, we can’t believe what has happened. I see the lights change and I run down the stairs to make sure the bus doesn’t leave without her, the other girls are shouting “Sydney come on just leave it” out the top of the bus.
She hears us and turns around and starts walking back to the bus, she jumps on and the driver is swearing at her in Spanish. She just walks past him and walks up the stairs and when she gets to her seat she just flops down in her seat.
Molly is the first to regain her composure “Sydney what the hell were you doing? The bus could have left without you!”
She is out of breath and when she gets some breath back she says “That lady stole my umbrella and it cost a lot of money. I thought it was lost and when I saw it moving down the street I didn’t think, I just reacted.”
We all look at her and then she starts smiling and she holds up her umbrella “Look I got it back” well we laughed, and laughed so much I think we all needed the toilet.
When the bus pulled up to Gran Via we were still laughing, the bus driver was muttering away in Spanish when we walked past him and I think he was glad we were getting off his bus.
 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23340526-sunshine-in-madrid

Amazon: US ~ UK ~ CA ~ AUS
 
Krissy V Author


Krissy V is a mother of two young children, who in turn keep her young. She lives in Dublin, Ireland, but she's originally from South Devon in the UK. She works full time in a pharmacy and writes in all her spare time, in her lunch hour, when watching TV at night and anywhere the urge takes her. Her secret sin is peanut butter and bannana sandwhiches. She is half Norwegian and can speak fluent Norwegian as well as English.

 
Krissy V writes stories that are slightly taboo, but that are things that happen in everyday life. She is always thinking of situations that be turned into a story and has started a few stories, which in turn will be completed and released to her readers.


 

An Interview with Krissy V
 
Author Name: Krissy V
Genre: Romance – Contemporary Romance and Dark Romance
Series if applicable:  Till Death Us Do Part, Sunshine Tours

 
What inspired you to write your first novel?
I beta read for some indie authors and their work inspired me to tell my story.

Is anything in your books based on true life?
Yes it is, I pull a lot from things that have happened to me, my friends or people that I know. I then add a touch of Krissy V twist to them.

What books/authors have influenced you personally?
I love Skye Callahan’s work, I beta read for her and find that she has a special way of drawing the reader in.

What author/s would you fangirl over?
Skye Callahan and I am meeting her next year. I fangirled over Jodi Ellen Malpas, especially when she knew my name and said she had been dying to meet me.

Any new authors interested you lately?
I read Jade West’s Dirty, Bad, Wrong and it was amazing and I couldn’t put it down

On the occasions you get to read yourself, who do you read?
Romance, Erotica, paranormal

Outside family, who do you feel has supported you on your journey as a writer?
Author L Chapman has been my biggest supporter from the start. My best friend has been a great supporter too.

Given the chance would you go back and change anything in one of your books?
I think we would always change something and every time you read it you can see something that you want to change.

What is the most challenging aspect of writing for you?
Fitting it in between working full time and having two young kids with lots of after school activities. It just means late nights and early mornings.

Do you do a lot of research for your books, or is it all from your heart and mind?
I research the facts that I need to research, the rest is from what I know from experience etc

Do you have a favourite time/place to write?
I have to write whenever I can. I could be at the hospital waiting to see a doctor or shopping. You will find a lot of “notes” on my phone which are things that I have thought about that needs to be written down before I forget

Do you have any bad writing habits?
Oh yes, I repeat things a lot in a paragraph

What are you currently working on and could you share a snippet?  
My WIP is called My One Regret. Here is a teaser.

Coming August 18th - Pre Order Now Available
Amazon: US ~ UK ~ CA ~ AUS     Add to Goodreads

When you’re not writing, what do you like to do?
I love reading, and can get totally engrossed in a story. I love travelling but don’t get to do too much at the moment and I love ice skating. I have recently taken my grade 10 exam and passed so I would say that I am a relatively good skater. I love it!

What’s on your bucket list?
To visit Australia, to become a bestseller, to become slim again

Quickfire round:          Tea or coffee - Tea

Rightie or leftie - Rightie

eBook or print - Print but for ease ebook

Boxers or Briefs - Briefs

Beach or Mountains - Beach

City or Country - City

Tattoo or Ink Free - Ink free

Beard or Clean Shaven - Clean Shaven

Long or Short Hair - Short hair

Beer or Wine - Beer: not allowed to drink wine in public lol

Motorcycle or Muscle Car - Motorcycle

Cats or Dogs - Dogs

Pierced or No Piercings - piercings



Favourites:                 Movie - Step Up Movies
 
 
                                TV Show - Once Upon A Time
 
 
                                Male Actor - Channing Tatum
 

                                Female Actor - Fat Amy
 

                                Book - Shelly Crane’s Significance Series
 

                                Band/Group - Take That
 

                                Singer - Olly Murs
 

                                Song - Ironic – Alanis Morissette
 

                                Drink - Prosecco
 

                                Food - Muesli
 

                                Colour - Pink
 

                                Celebrity Crush - Zac Effron

 
                                Vacation Spot - Majorca


 

5 Fun Facts About Me:

I love ice skating and have taken up to grade 10 (I only started about 4 years ago.)

I love banana and peanut butter sandwiches

I speak fluent Norwegian

I play the trumpet - well I haven’t for a few years but I sometime dabble
Top 5 book boyfriends

Jesse Ward - even though I would have to kill him 

Caleb - in Significance Series - I need one of them in my life

Ryan - Remembrance Trilogy

Harrison Granger - Time Travel Trilogy

James Cavendish - Up in the Air Trilogy
 

  Where can we find you?

Facebook  ~ Twitter ~ Instagram  
Tsu ~ Web ~ Google+

Email: authorkrissyv@gmail.com

 Thank You for talking to us Krissy


 


1 comment: